Run LightHouse against multiple Xap files

Jan 17, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Hi guys, 

I am running LightHouse from MSBuild. The issue I am having is I have two Xap files both contain unit tests.

I was just wondering if there is a way to pass both xap files in the argument... I tried comma separated list but didn't work... 

Thanks, 

Henry

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Currently you can only test single XAP at one time.

Why would you want to run multiple XAPs in same time, can you just run them separately?

Please share some light on the scenario so we can decide if we need to include this feature and also how this should work and

how would you then display the results?

thanks.

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Hi Spavkov, 

Maybe we are not doing it right. I am new to Silverlight.  

We have a few sub modules represented by different projects in our solution. We created one Silverlight Unit Test Application project for each sub module which contains all tests related to that sub-module. We ended up with multiple Xap files. Is there a better way to organize our tests or maybe we can build everything into one Xap at the end?

Thanks,

Henry 

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Hi,

its ok to have one XAP per module, but also i dont see a reason why you would run them all at once.

I would just run one test XAP at a time and display somewhere results, for example automate in in your Build Server so every time a module changes, run only XAP with tests for this module.

This is more logical then to run all test XAPs as one.

Is that helping in any way?

thanks.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Edited Jan 17, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I can see where you are coming from but I am running LightHouse from within my CI build template which always run all tests in my solution. If possible, I would prefer to use wildcard instead of adding one InvokeProcess activity for each of my Xap file and change the build template every time a new Xap is added to my solution...

For now, I try "for each xap -> invoke" in my build template. This should solve my problem.  

Thanks,

Henry  

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Hi i have added work item and we will try to implement this in the next release.

http://lighthouse.codeplex.com/workitem/11637

Please add to the work item as much details as you can about how it should run and especially how would results file then look like?

thanks.