Capturing unit test output

Mar 23, 2011 at 10:06 AM

What do you think would be the best way to capture unit test output with Lighthouse?

If i wasn't using silverlight, i'd just call Console.Writeline and my unit test runner would display anything I logged. Console.Writeline seems to be ignored by silverlight, but are there any other options?

Mar 24, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Hi robfe,

would it be a problem if you would have to reference some Lighthouse library in order to send text output to the Lighthouse CMD Line runner?

If yes it could be done.

Let me know what you think of it or any other ideas.

Thanks.

Mar 25, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Hi

That would be fine. How would lighthouse end up reading the text? I am curious :).

If you could consider subclassing System.IO.StringWriter that would be really good though, because then it would be trivial to keep the interaction with lighthouse to a single part of my code.

Another option would be for lighthouse to register a scriptable javascript object, then I could simply call HtmlPage.Document.Invoke("log", "hello!") without referencing anything.

My use case is that i want to write a silverlight compatible version of my BDD framework (storyq.codeplex.com). StoryQ is quite useless without being able to give a detailed report on results, so I haven't built a proper silverlight version yet.

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:58 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Mar 29, 2011 at 10:14 PM

This feature is implemented see work item for more details

http://lighthouse.codeplex.com/workitem/10593